Terms and Conditions of Charter Booking
Red Bus Ltd ("the Company") appreciate the opportunity of submitting a quotation for hire together with its standard terms and conditions of hire, which ensure you as the hirer are protected and that the best interests of both parties are catered for.
- Charters are subject to availability at the time confirmation is received. Confirmed bookings are required at least 5 working days prior to the charter.
- The quotation is given on the understanding that the driving hours comply with current legislation.
- The Company reserves the right to substitute alternative equipment at its option in the event of unanticipated circumstances which necessitate a change.
- Smoking is not permitted on the vehicle.
- The Company will ensure every reasonable effort is made to carry out the hirer's requirements and no responsibility is accepted for additional costs caused by delays occasioned by changes in road conditions or deviations from normal routes, floods or other unusual circumstances, industrial action, sickness of staff or passengers.
- Section 38 of the Summary Offences Act 1981 states that "there is a total ban on the consumption of alcohol on any passenger services vehicle including on charter". Based on the above statement the Company must enforce this with a policy banning the consumption of alcohol on all of our vehicles.
- The exception to the alcohol rule is when a liquor licence is requested for the duration of the charter, which requires the acceptance of addition terms and conditions.
- Should additional kilometres or time be incurred on the day of the hire by the hirer, the Company reserves the right to adjust the quoted rate accordingly.
· Please make sure that your group has a designated responsible person to organise the group, they should have a copy of the Charter Confirmation Form with them.
- The Company does not accept responsibility for loss or damage to property left in the vehicle. Passengers leaving property in the coaches do so entirely at their own risk.
Departure time and Point
The charter organiser has a responsibility to make sure their group is at the stated departure point ready to depart at least 5 minutes prior to departure. The departure point is clearly stated on the Charter Confirmation Form. Drivers are instructed to be at these points and cannot take alterations unless this is agreed with the Depot Controllers or Charter Dept. We will endeavour to meet the quoted departure times. If circumstances beyond the control of Red Bus Ltd arise we cannot be held liable should any delays result. If the group is sufficiently late to the departure point an extra ‘Late Charge’ may occur.
In the event of a large charter (approx 5+ buses) a charge for supervision of the departure and organisation of the buses may be included in the quote.
You agree to cover any costs that Red Bus Ltd may incur for repairing or cleaning a bus due to the group involved in the charter.
Charters cancelled on the day without notice will incur a 30% ‘Cancellation Charge’ of the full price. Charters cancelled prior to the day of the charter will incur no charge.
First time hires may require payment 5 working days in advance. Regular customers must pay on receipt of invoices that are sent weekly. Payment should be made by cheque to the address on the invoice or direct credit. Non-payment of invoices will result in the matter being referred to our debt collectors. Certain organisations have instructed Red Bus Ltd to only book charters on receipt of a purchase order number. It is the Charter Organisers responsibility to provide these. If for any reason one is not provided with the booking, the Charter Organiser will take full responsibility on providing payment.