The Christchurch Rebuild Tour offers a unique guided experience through the past, present & future of Christchurch city.
Follow the innovative progress that Christchurch is making following the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011.
The Rebuild Tour is one of the best things to do in Christchurch and one of the best ways to experience the sights of this emerging, new city.
How much is the Rebuild Tour?
- Child (5-15)
- Child (under 5)
What will I learn on the Rebuild Tour?
- The City’s vibrant past - Including the history of Christchurch's pre-earthquake buildings and features.
- The seismic forces at work in the region – Including the events of the September 2010 and February 2011 earthquakes and the devastation they caused.
- The innovative transitional projects – Including the Re:START Mall, Greening the Rubble, Gap Filler and Street Art.
- The technology involved in the rebuild – The tour will explain some of the lessons learnt from the regions seismic events and point out buildings that incorporate this new technology.
- The plans for the future - Including artist's impressions and concept designs of new buildings and precincts in the Christchurch city.
Tours also include video footage and commentary from a Canterbury Museum guide who is available to answer questions.