The Christchurch Rebuild Tour offers a unique guided experience through the past, present & future of Christchurch city.
Follow the innovative progress that Christchurch is making following the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011.
The Rebuild Tour is one of the best things to do in Christchurch and one of the best ways to experience the sights of this emerging, new city.
How much is the Rebuild Tour?
- Child (5-15)
- Child (under 5)
What will I learn on the Rebuild Tour?
- The City’s vibrant past - Including the history of Christchurch's pre-earthquake buildings and features.
- The seismic forces at work in the region – Including the events of the September 2010 and February 2011 earthquakes and the devastation they caused.
- The innovative transitional projects – Including the Re:START Mall, Greening the Rubble, Gap Filler and Street Art.
- The technology involved in the rebuild – The tour will explain some of the lessons learnt from the regions seismic events and point out buildings that incorporate this new technology.
- The plans for the future - Including artist's impressions and concept designs of new buildings and precincts in the Christchurch city.
Tours also include video footage and commentary from a Canterbury Museum guide who is available to answer questions.
What do I need to know?
- Hours - The Rebuild Tour operates 7 days a week (11:30am daily). On cruise ship days the tour operates at 11.45am
- Duration- Total duration is 90 minutes.
- Departure - The tour departs from Rolleston Avenue, outside the Canterbury Museum. Passengers must report 10 minutes prior to departure time.
- Safety - The earthquakes have left many hazards in our public areas. Please be aware of uneven ground surfaces, obstructions and our surroundings, and follow the directions of the driver and guide at all times. Passengers may be able to leave the bus in the company of our guide at designated stops. Passengers do so at the discretion of the driver and at their own risk, and must return to the bus with the guide to continue the tour.
- Comfort and accessibility - Coaches are modern, fully air conditioned, environmentally-sustainable and wheelchair accessible.
- Groups - We welcome group bookings and charters on the Rebuild Tour.
- Book in advance - Booking in advance is advised. Tickets may also be purchased by phone on 0800 500 929, from the i-Site Visitor Centre, at 28 Worcester Boulevard or pay cash to the driver.