Experience the story of a flourishing city and how it bravely rose from the rubble.
Get a group together and join us on a unique guided experience through the past, present & future of Christchurch city. Follow the innovative progress that Christchurch is making following the earthquakes of 2010 and 2011.
SEE - pivotal sites and video footage from the catastrophic events.
VISIT - the Canterbury Earthquake National Memorial
LISTEN - to expert commentary from Christchurch Museum guides
SHARE - stories of courage, and the city’s vision for the future.
Your tour experience will cover:
- The City’s vibrant past - Including the history of Christchurch's pre-earthquake buildings and features.
- The seismic forces at work in the region – Including the events of the September 2010 and February 2011 earthquakes and the devastation they caused.
- The innovative transitional projects – Including the Re:START Mall made from shipping containers, how we “Greened the Rubble”, the innovative pop up “Gap Filler” project and the iconic street art.
- The technology involved in the rebuild – The tour will explain some of the lessons learnt from the regions seismic events and point out buildings that incorporate this new technology.
- How a city reflects - The tour includes a visit to the Canterbury Earthquake National Memorial. It honours the 185 people who perished, acknowledges the seriously injured and recognises everyone involved in the rescue and recovery operation. Designed by Slovenian architect Grega Vezjak, it features a 112-metre-long wall made up of a 517 marble panels.
- The plans for the future - Including artist's impressions and concept designs of new buildings and precincts in the Christchurch city.
If you are looking for the quintessential Christchurch tour experience,
The Earthquake Recovery & Rebuild Group Tour takes you behind the scenes and is one of the best ways to experience the sights of this emerging, new city.
Ideal for groups - schools. conferences, tour groups and community organisations
Contact us for a quote
Select a date and time that suits your programme.
Group pick-up from your venue available.
Tours also include video footage and commentary from a guide who is available to answer questions.